Wednesday, 26 February 2014

A little bit of everything.

Once again i've been attempting to write this post for the last 4 nights. The longer I leave it, the longer it takes to upload all the photos and video for the post! 

We'll start with last thursday. After missing out on a lego mini figure for the week as they were all sold out, I popped into Sainsburys on my way to my mums for lunch and saw a fresh box. LJ was asleep so I couldn't even pretend to show him each packet as I felt for the one I really wanted. The taco Tuesday man. I had no choice but two pick two up and feel quickly and as soon as I felt that taco hat I knew I was a winner. The business guy is just an added extra as I had no idea what one he was. Ali was impressed, at the same time as denying my lego feeling skills had succeeded his. i'm better.

Doesn't everyone take pictures of their sleeping babies in funny positions? 

I pretty much have to search around for him in his cot before I can find him. You see that dent over on the left? That's where I put him down to sleep. 

Luckily, we no longer have a problem that he wakes himself up moving about. (apart from our recent sitting up practice at night, that seems to have passed now)

A lot of friends ask what bumpers we have, they are PurFlo ones, breathable bumpers and very sturdy. When LJ started rolling over at 18 weeks, the start of our real sleep problems happened. He was waking himself up bashing his head on the bars or getting limbs stuck and making matters worse by using the bars to walk around in a circle and get more stuck. I debated the idea of bumpers as I'd read they can overheat when their heads are up against the side. Things got REALLY bad at night and I used the decorative bumper we had with a bedding set alongside one side but pretty much got no more sleep as I was panicked all the time. Then, just before Christmas I spotted PurFlo on Facebook and saw they had discount on their breathable bumpers. I didn't have to think twice about buying a set. I'd heard about breathable bumpers but the ones i'd seen didn't look very comfortable from internet pictures. When I saw this one advertised, I could see a lot better from their photos that it was mesh breathable but also padded for little heads. 

They get even better, no string to tie, just Velcro, so another thing not to worry about in the night! They are really sturdy, so even though they only attach at each end, they don't sag in the middle and even if LJ pulls at it while he's awake, it always springs back to place. 

They were a LIFESAVER at improving the sleep situation (and mine). I also no longer lost dummy's down the side! (Crawling under a cot at 2am searching for a dummy is no fun). Now he happily moves all around the cot and can sleep with his face or head against it and no worries from him or mummy! 

Whenever I watch the start of this video I always laugh because he looks like a baby dinosaur when he comes out of the hallway. This is his favourite thing to do ALL the time at the moment. (and we wonder why he hasn't bothered to crawl...!) 

We took advantage of the 13c weather on Saturday and took LJ to the park and to feed the ducks for the first time. Ali's sister was visiting from uni in Scotland, so we all went together, which was lovely. LJ spent more time trying to eat the bread we bought for the ducks! 

All the other kids always stare at him when he's in his gruffalo onesie! He was pretty fascinated with all the big kids running around at the park. 

Loving the swings as usual! Mummy even got a go!

and Auntie Jade enjoyed hanging out with her nephew! 

The ducks were great! They kept away from my little bear though!


Then we went back to Ali's parents and had Mizu takeaway... twice in one week, I was lucky!

#sundaymorningmadness had daddy back this week and the aeroplanes. 36 weeks old. we've been doing this for 22 weeks now! When we first started, he used to plank out straight, now he's far too heavy to hold his whole body up! We just about can lift him in the air! 

Ever since we got this mirror to keep an eye on him... he's basically not fell asleep in the car because he's too busy grinning at mirror mummy and daddy (who he prefers to the real thing).

I can't remember when I took this... but I found it on my computer under mobile pictures but it's not on my phone?! His new thing is the bottom lip tucked right in, it melts my heart.

I keep having moments of overwhelming love for him when I look at him! of course I always have these anyway, but these are very overpowering, like when he was a newborn. I think maybe it's because I know i'm starting back at work this week and emotions are running high.

of course there is nothing better than a baby laugh, especially in the bath :)

So Monday morning came around and it was time for me to go to work! It was LJ's first day at nursery too, so I was already worrying about whether he'd be ok or if he'd go to sleep. For the first time in 8 months I set an alarm for 6am on my phone, turns out I didn't need to bother as LJ set a new alarm too, for 5:30am. (I really hope this isn't a NEW thing...) Even though i'd got super organised the night before, I felt very stressed getting us both ready and out the house. Ok, well getting LJ ready was fine and he happily chilled in his cot with Yo Gabba in the background while I got ready. Getting me work presentable was the hard bit (and avoiding getting any sort of baby fluids or food over me for the next half an hour too). 

So I dropped him at nursery and gave him a big extra tight hug and kiss and handed him over and he cried and wanted his mummy didn't even look back. Thanks baba, don't mind the last 8 months when i've been at your every need. 

No really i'm glad, i'm glad he was happy and comfortable there. I cried when I got out the door, maybe because he wasn't with family and I couldn't just text to see how he was and that I wouldn't see him all day, not even through a picture message. So when I saw a missed call on my phone at 11am my heart nearly jumped out of my chest. I asked permission to ring them back from work and quickly dialled the number and waited to be put through only to be greeted with, oh don't worry, he's just asleep. 


I really don't need to worry at all, well done! 

They just wanted permission to take him out to the park in the afternoon. phew.

Work went really well and my brain is moving a lot faster and i'm remembering more and more things. I still practically ran out that door at 5:30pm to go pick LJ up though. He looked SO tired when I went to get him, he got a good report of being happy and eating all his snacks and lunch but apparently he didn't want any of his dinner or an afternoon nap.

So I figured he'd fall asleep on the bus home, oh no. He took out his dummy and smacked his lips together and stared at me. 

No mummy can't get a boob out on the bus, it's just not appropriate. 

So lucky I find some carrot puffs in my bag (for emergencies just like this) and I say ok, just one while we get home. Cue circling of hands and ankles and grunting exciting noises.

about 10 puffs later.


I'm going to call this the start of #napstrike

When we got home on Monday night we were greeted with a lovely package from Cherry Kids! They loved our review and me shouting from the rooftops about how I love their shoes... and properly the influx of friends liking their page and ordering their cute shoes. 

I realised when I got very excited about the moustache shoes that as well as fox items, I also LJ also owns a lot of moustache items. 

He has a dummy too but I didn't want to overload him... now I just need to find some moustache leggings, anyone got a link?!

It was auntie Jade's birthday, so we took the opportunity to make her a card. I got out some crayons and attempted to show LJ how to colour. He did about two marks and then decided he'd rather roll the crayons over the paper and do his funny excited face. (I was itching to colour with the new crayons!) 

This is how calm he is watching Thomas the tank engine. I'm not sure if its because of all the puffing or the narrating or just because its a lot more low key than the trip out of Yo! Gabba Gabba. I took the opportunity to have a play with the manual settings on my camera while he was still and not waving his hands at the lens. I still have a LONG way to go by far, i've still not got round to even glancing at the manual, i'm just kinda tweaking buttons as we go. 

The only problem with shots this still and close... I can see the remains of lunch that I didn't get off. (we're still on wipes protest.) oh and that lovely snotty nose too. 

Those eyes however, I fall in love every time! 

Remember my overwhelming love moments? Just had another and nearly cried simply uploading those photos. Maybe I need to go wake my sleeping baby and cuddle him. Hold up crazy woman, you love sleep too, remember?

LJ is loving the new shoes, great for standing up and watching cho cho as well as bobbing up and down. 

This is just him moving all around! However he did his first proper 'crawl' for me on my day off! I got overexcited again... he was crying and maybe the crawl was in desperation to get to me (I'd put him down for a minute to pour the boiling water in his bottle) It's more a zombie crawl as he still doesn't know what to do with his trapped leg so he just drags it behind and uses the other leg in a half stand to get movement! He did it again in the evening and attempted more today but he much prefers walking around with someone instead. 

More messy lunch and more playing with my camera! 

It was the first time he'd had whole pasta in a sauce. Normally he just has it plain or he's had it mashed up and fed. He wasn't sure at first about the texture but he soon got stuck in! As you can see below, we had orange eyebrows at the end, but he had a good time!

We went to our new swimming lesson on Tuesday afternoon. I will miss swimming first thing, it's a lot easier to get a baby fed and rested before a swim than in the afternoon. We've skipped a term at swimming as there weren't enough babies at LJ's level who swam on a Tuesday, so LJ worked really hard to keep up with the big babies. I was impressed! Not one cry from him as usual. 

He was very clingy and striking from sleep all day Tuesday. I'm not sure if he was really tired from lack of sleep monday day or because he realised I left him all day and he didn't want me out of his sight. When I dropped him off at my mums this morning, he was still so tired (another 5:30am wake) and I think he realised I was leaving again and got a little bit upset, but he soon settled with his nannie. 

Work was good again, it really helps that I actually love my job. I did miss my baby lots though. Tomorrow is my last day of work this week and its very strange to come home, put my baby straight to bed and then preparing his bottles and food for the next day to be at his other nannies house. 

I can't wait for Friday and 3 whole days with my baby! No crafting this week as really not had time at all! Hoping to finish my glass jars over the weekend sometime, i'm sure everyone else in the house is hoping so too, they have took over the dining table! 

Long ole post today! Mostly pictures and videos but I'll try and post more often so it doesn't take so long! 

Let me know if you have anything you'd love to read me blabber on about, or any questions! E-mail me at or write to me on Facebook!

Oh, my friend Sophie shared a link for another instagram/facebook hashtag challenge. 

basically you post a photo every day for 100 days of something that makes you happy. i'm on day 2 and I love a photo hashtag challenge! Click the link and join in :) i'll post some of mine on the next post.

Over and out and goodnight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment